Sunday, June 22, 2008

Holly Black & Tony DiTerlizzi - The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, Book 1)

I hadn't heard about these books until I watched The Spiderwick Chronicles recently. I really enjoyed the movie and thought it would be a great idea to seek out the books that the movie was based on. The Field Guide is the first book in a series of five making up the Spiderwick Chronicles. This was a very quick read and I think all five books could easily be published into a single volume. A single book on its own felt too short, although I supposed it is a children's book afer all. Based on what I've read so far, most of the elements from the books were kept in the movie without too many changes. Any adaptations for the movied worked really well and helped to enhance the story rather than taking away from it. It will be interesting to see how the story progresses as I get to the other books!

0 comments :